Project Manager - Software Development
Nature of Work:
This is a manager position and individual is responsible for delivering the high quality S/W projects, meeting all required functionality, within allocated schedule and budget.
- Responsible for managing multiple projects involving 15-20 member team consisting of PL, TL and team under them.
- Involved in all Strategic Business Unit related issues.
- Coach/ mentor the members in the project and provide necessary support to them.
- Coordinate, communicate with the client on project related matters.
- Review contracts, carry out risk analysis and mitigation exercises and update the top management on the same.
- Review and ensure the preparation of the following
- System Architecture
- External Specifications
- Internal Specifications
- Software Development Plan, Configuration Management Plan and Project plan
- Technical Documentation
- Ensure process and system compliances in the projects.
- -Managing both FPP and T&M projects on diverse functional domains
- Performance appraisal/ counseling of the group members.
- Evaluate training needs (technical, managerial) and get the required training programs implemented.
Qualification & Experience:
- Engineering degree preferably in Computer Science, IT/ MCA, MTech ( Full Time through out 1st Div.) from a good institute.
- 9.5- 11yrs experience in S/W development across a wide variety of development projects.
- PMP or PMI certification is desirable.
- Domain knowledge of BFSI practices is an advantage.
- Knowledge of current technological trends in the S/W development industry, such as OOPs, Multi-Tier S/W development, Component Architecture, Web Based S/W
- Good experience on Core Java, JSP, Servlets, EJB, Oracle/SQL.
- Responsible for the end to end delivery. Ensuring that Project Delivery Metrics are controlled throughout the project lifecycle. Tracking project requirements implementation throughout different phases of the project lifecycle.
- Thorough understanding of Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge of system integration issues.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and draw logical conclusions
Managerial Leadership & Personal Skills:
- Understanding the companys vision and goals, business operations and market
- Experience of planning, budgeting and quality assurance as it relates to S/W development projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships at all levels.
- Ability to inspire, train and mentor and lead the team.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize customer requests with the assistance of other managers to ensure the highest level of service possible to the customer.
- Ability to write performance evaluations, issue counseling forms and disciplinary actions, handle employee complaints and grievances and recommend the hiring, termination and promotion of staff.