Senior Software Engineer 2 -
Req no: 23671
Senior level position that performs security analysis on existing or new products and provides security guidance and input to product engineers. Works on problems of varied scope independently and able to drive strategy for Product Security in the limited scope of work. Normally provides general guidance and/or direction on routine work to achieve overall program performance, schedule and quality standards.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
• Performs tasks of assigned scope involving product security analysis and providing security guidance on potential security issues in software components.
• Applies established security principles and practices to complete assignments and ensure quality output.
• Able to guide product development teams on design changes as per security requirements.
• Establishes and maintains thorough and accurate documentation of all work.
• Communicates technical issues within scope of assignment. Able to drive negotiation in the interest of security.
• Assists in the provision of security guidance materials and training for product engineers.
• Conducts reviews of specific security fixes as necessary.
• Performs overall security analysis of developed software and reports on overall security status and specific identified issues.
• Expert in at least 2 of these areas – System Security, Web Security, Network Security, Reverse Engineering.
• Expert in Mobile Security
• Proficiency in a programming language(s) (e.g. C, C++, Python)
• Excellent capabilities to identify security vulnerabilities and root cause analysis.
• Demonstrated understanding of Computer Science fundamentals (Algo, DS, OS, Networks).
• Solid understanding of most common software vulnerabilities and standard secure coding practices.
• Solid understanding of software lifecycle process, and security development lifecycle.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is an American multinational software company founded in 1989, that provides server and desktop virtualization, networking, software-as-a-service, and cloud computing technologies, including Xen open source products.
Know more about Citrix