Professional Services Implementation Engineer
Responsible for the design, deployment, troubleshooting and acceptance phases during projects for the implementation of Citrix Bytemobile and networking solutions into Service Provider environments. The role is within the APAC + Japan Professional Services organization, based in India.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
* Deployment of mobile data solutions and applications in mobile operators networks.
* Provide input on architecture and design options, operational concepts, and application acceptance test plan.
* Planning and design of TCP/IP based solutions with wireless components.
* Solution documentation and authoring of technical white papers.
* Network analysis and decoding of TCP/IP and data stacks in troubleshooting scenarios.
Requirements and Qualifications
* At least 8 years’ experience in implementing carrier grade client-server applications in a commercial environment.
* Able to articulate sophisticated software solutions to network operators, large enterprises, and internal customers including non-technical staff.
* Systems integration expertise with TCP/IP skills in data networking and internetworking.
* Configuration/installation of Cisco/Nortel switches, routers, and load balancers.
* Good knowledge of LAN network infrastructure: security, routing, network management, performance management.
* Good knowledge of exchange servers.
* Able to analyze HTTP, HTTPS, POP, IMAP, FTP, SNMP, and other data traffic.
* Can configure VLAN's, GRE, and VPN tunnels.
* Familiar with development processes and lifecycles.
* Expert in UNIX; Linux and Solaris
* CCNA-LAN certification.
* Can travel abroad on short notice to support implementation work within APAC
* Can produce clear and accurate solution design diagrams.
* Able to understand customer requirements and translate to development and product management teams.
* Ability to produce succinct technical design documentation and test plans.
* Ability to produce and deliver technical presentations to customers and fellow engineers.
* Good English language skills, written and verbal
* Broad understanding of mobile network infrastructure (2.5 and 3G, GPRS, UMTS).
* Good knowledge of mobile data traffic and mobile data devices.
* Bachelor's degree in datacoms/telecoms or equivalent.
* Experience in implementing mobile data applications.
* Cisco CCNP certification.
* Mobile network design and configuration.
* Previous experience with systems integrators, consultancy firms, and/or professional services environments.
* Experience working with remote multicultural multi skilled internal teams and customers.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is an American multinational software company founded in 1989, that provides server and desktop virtualization, networking, software-as-a-service, and cloud computing technologies, including Xen open source products.Know more about Citrix