Brief of job description:
- Managing and leading product development deliverables. Responsibility for coordinating the business requirements, design, development and testing.
- Manage a team of architects and developers for development of the product. Ensuring product development process adherence.
- Interface with sales team to understand product challenges in field, guide the product roadmap accordingly.
- Evolve the product architecture to keep in mind current and future needs.
- Design suitable processes and systems for management of the various phases of a product. Evolve metrics for measurement of performance of various teams and tracking methods for the same.
- Interface with marketing department to create demand for the product. Understand market inputs and provide support to marketing to change positioning and pricing of product as needed.
Skills Required: Technical Skills:
- Good understanding of development methodologies.
- Direct working experience in setting up software development infrastructure – test harnesses, build infrastructure, development tools. Coaching team on using them.
- Direct experience in managing large-scale client-server systems with high levels of fault tolerance.
- Direct experience in application design with split server architecture, DR, full transaction level redundancy, high concurrency, high TPS would be a plus.
- Direct experience in design of user flows for support.
- Experience in design of reporting systems for clients.
- Direct programming experience with ability to get into coding as needed.
This role requires 7+ years of industry experience in product development ideally in setting up an e-com portal or any other client-server large scale application from scratch using Python/Java/Perl/PHP with full automation of build, test and release environment. Minimum 3 years of experience in managing teams.