Position Summary :
- Responsible for planning and executing functional and system level testing of products to test various features.
- Knowledge of Linux Services, debugging Linux in environment.
- Scripting expertize (e.g PERL, SHELL) to automate test cases.
- Previous experience in product based company.
- Should have the ability to think, develop and work on Customer setup and complex network deployment.
- Builds out interdependent test beds, and can develop effective plans based off of functional, design and requirements specification.
- Establishes and maintains thorough and accurate documentation of all work including status updates to summarize project highlights.
- Review test results and bug descriptions for accuracy
- Analyzes and reproduces problems reported by Customer Support.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities :
- Good knowledge of L4-L7 stack.
- Application protocol in-depth knowledge: HTTP, DNS.
- Should have a strong programming proficiency in scripting language (Perl, Shell ) to automate test cases
- Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate test methodologies including writing test plans and test cases.
- Strong knowledge of release procedures and software defect tracking.
- Solid proficiency in test effort estimation and tracking.
- Experience in working on product scalability, performance and deployment test will be an additional advantage
Qualifications : (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities) • BS degree or equivalent in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field. For individuals holding an advanced degree in one of these fields, additional years of formal educationmay be regarded as equivalent work experience. • 2-5 years of network product testing experience