Citrix Application Manager (CAM) is a highly scalable SAAS / on premise software solution that enables service automation in a consumerized fashion for enterprises. It enables automation of arbitrarily complex infrastructure deployments and turns them into services which can be monitored, auto scaled and auto healed. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced technical writer. The ideal applicant will be self-directed, well organized, articulate, and a team player. We're looking for a writer to own all documentation for the product: installation guide, administration guide, customization guide, online help, and API documentation. The audience for the product ranges from somewhat technical to highly technical.
This is a ground-floor opportunity to have a strong influence on the shape and quality of the documentation as one of the early members of the team.
• Ability to work with a rapidly evolving product and leading edge customers
• Knowledge of recent tools and single source methodologies for content development
• Breadth of skills and experience that enables ownership of complete documentation set
• Strong understanding of the English language, style, writing standards, and legal issues related to publishing
• Edit online and printed documentation for a variety of audiences and address document usability issues
• Work as a customer advocate and help to improve the customer experience
• Perform all levels of edits, from developmental to copy to production
• Help improve existing documentation processes, standards, frameworks, and templates; identify inefficiencies and propose solutions
• Create and review indexes and glossaries
• Be a strong team player with ability to work with a diverse and cross-cultural team
• Should have experience in resolving editorial issues and differences in writing style
• Accurate, meticulous, proactive, diplomatic, with an eye for detail
• Ability to work independently with set deadlines and keep multiple projects on track at the same time
• Solid decision making and planning skills, drive for results, and passion for quality
• Solid work ethic, professionalism, and organizational ability
• Have a bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, technical writing, or a related field, and a minimum of 6-10 years of technical editing experience
• Prior experience in an early stage software environment
• Prior experience documenting virtualization technologies such as VMware and Xen Prior experience with Systems, networking, or storage products is a plus
Citrix Systems, Inc. is an American multinational software company founded in 1989, that provides server and desktop virtualization, networking, software-as-a-service, and cloud computing technologies, including Xen open source products.
Know more about Citrix