Senior Software Engineer (TCP/IP, Linux, VPN technology)
Req no: 23871
NetScaler Gateway is a secure application, desktop and data access solution that gives IT administrators granular application-level and device-level policy and action controls over access to corporate content, while allowing users to work from anywhere using SmartAccess and the XenMobile Micro VPN technologies. It provides a single point of control and tools to help IT administrators ensure compliance with regulations and protect corporate information with the highest levels of security, both within and outside the enterprise. At the same time, NetScaler Gateway empowers users with a single point of access—optimized for roles, applications, devices and networks—to the enterprise applications and data they need. This unique combination of capabilities helps maximize the productivity of today’s mobile workforce.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
NetScaler Gateway plays main role in providing controlled access to corporate resources through VPN, secure access to Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix XenApp and Citrix XenMobile deployments. You as a senior development engineer will be responsible to design and develop solutions around these focus areas. As a Senior Software Engineer you will be assigned to design, develop, troubleshoot and debug complex software features related to “VPN technology”. Interact with senior internal and external personnel and customers.
Job duties include
* systems and server software development on FreeBSD Unix platforms;
* utilization of multi-threaded programming;
* C programming;
* network and systems programming;
* kernel debugging;
* internetworking protocols such as TCP/IP, SSL and HTTP;
* Authentication protocols and Single Sign-On; implementation of networking products.
Education: B.Tech or M.Tech in Computer Science or equivalent.
Experience: Hands on experience of 6- 8 years of industry experience.
* Strong system programming skills, with extensive experience developing networking software on UNIX / LINUX platforms with C (C++ would be good)
* Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking is a must.
*Good knowledge of Data Structures, Algorithms and OS
* Hands on experience in Multi-threaded programming, and good knowledge of networking concepts
* Strong design skills
* Ability to troubleshoot complex customer escalations, performance problems
*Have a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
*Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with cross functional teams across the organization.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is an American multinational software company founded in 1989, that provides server and desktop virtualization, networking, software-as-a-service, and cloud computing technologies, including Xen open source products.Know more about Citrix