Staff Software Engineer (TCP/IP & OS Internals Linux), (Req no: 22308)
The Citrix NetScaler ADC is the Citrix solution for load balancing and content switching, application offloading, attack protection, application firewalling and more. It enables the datacenter network to become an end-to-end service delivery fabric to optimize the delivery of all web applications, cloud-based services, virtual desktops, enterprise business apps and mobile services.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Has strong technical experience in product design and development in the domain of networking protocols, configuration infrastructure for a distributed system, network management. Recognized as an expert for software engineering processes like requirement analysis, design, coding of global standard, code review etc., He or she is capable of working on a variety of projects as a technical leader.
* Develops and applies advanced state-of-the-art engineering theories, methods, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex problems affecting a major project.
* Analyzes requirements, and writes software requirement and design specifications for complex projects.
* Analyzes, evaluates, and plans methods of approach to solve problems
* Acts as engineering tools expert and can propose new ones. This is very critical.
* Coordinates the technical design activity with others in team to ensure consistent and integrated approaches across projects.
* Provides input to and generates documentation for new or existing projects as well as reusable code.
* Prepares status, technical, and management reports as required.
* Work on critical customer escalations & provide the input to the system to make it better.
* Identifies possible optimizations & performance improvements in the system & discuss with architects & leads.
* Constantly engages in continuous quality improvement in the system by implementing processes, researching an leveraging different tool etc.,
* Understand different possible distributed system architecture & propose a new architecture based on need.
* Overall technical expert that trains and mentor others.
* Often serves as consultant to management.
Qualifications & Requirements
* 7+ years of experience in product development
* Experience in executing large projects involving distributed systems
* Strong experience with TCP/IP internals, security concepts
* Strong expertise in C, C++
* Unix like operating systems, systems programming, networking and OS internals
* Expertise in software engineering process.
* BS or MS degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field is required
Citrix Systems, Inc. is an American multinational software company founded in 1989, that provides server and desktop virtualization, networking, software-as-a-service, and cloud computing technologies, including Xen open source products.Know more about Citrix