The Quality Assurance tester is responsible for the testing process and efforts for Oracle E-Business suite, integrations, and data conversions.
This includes: defining testing strategy, executing tests, managing defects, generating reports, communicating issues, developing and analyzing test plans, documenting test results, conducting release readiness reviews, and reviewing documentation.
- Performing highly structured Oracle functional, application, regression and performance tests
- Test results monitoring and analysis, working with implementation team and production support team to test and validate break fix, enhancements and new deployment prior to migrating to Oracle R1 Production Instance
- Data conversion planning and testing
- Setting up and configuring Oracle Financials (R11) to create reusable data sets for validation in integrated environment
- Functional/Technical Expertise in GL, AP, AR, OM, Service Contracts, is desired
- Understanding business processes
- Defect reporting and tracking
- Analyzing test results to ensure functionality
- Analyzing requirements documents and use cases
- Developing, modifying, and executing software test cases and test plans
- Maintaining documentation of test results
- Define/Coordinate/Manage Oracle Financia project specific test strategy, schedules, and resources
- Experience as Oracle Financial Business Analyst/SME in Finance Accounting and Oracle EBS Financial Applications
- Experience testing International financial processes within Oracle E-Business and integrated systems.
- Develop and execute software test plans and analyze the test results
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and project deadlines
- Define and assess test practices, standards, process,skills, organization, etc.
- Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts
- Analyze and report on test execution results
- Attend all project meetings and report the current status of testing and be prepared to discuss any outstanding issues
- Define and oversee the implementation of a proven automation strategy
- Manage the Defect Tracking and Test Script
- Work with team members to improve their knowledge and understanding of the product, related technologies, and the testing techniques and procedures
- Maintain a level of competence in regard to changing Internet technology
- Coordinating and managing release readiness reviews
- Analyze effectiveness of testing activities and make Improvements to overall processes
- Demonstrates expert understanding of and experience with QA best practices, processes and methodologies and their application in an enterprise environment
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- functional/regression testing design and execution experience
- Expert level knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Minimum of 5 years of test case and test script design, development and maintenance
- General knowledge of automated and performance testing experience
- Experience testing on web-based , Oracle E-Business and Data warehouse applications
- Proven experience leading other QA analysts on large and/or complex QA projects
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous Business Analysis experience on Oracle E-Business helpful.