Responsible for line management of the CPG QA team in Bangalore and for operational management of this team in collaboration with the CPG QA teams at other sites.
Will directly manage the junior managers in this team and senior individual contributors as required
Will contribute actively to the wider India R&D Leadership team.
Responsible for defining team goals aligned with wider business and departmental goals and for the team’s success in meeting these goals.
Responsible for increasing operational efficiency of the department through ongoing development of software automation capabilities and working practices.
You will take ownership of and be accountable for the success of
- CPG QA’s Bangalore team
- This team’s stability (e.g. low rates of attrition), happiness and effectiveness
- This team’s work in the areas of test automation, manual test and product maintenance
You will also act as a local leadership point-of-contact for the nascent XenServer development team in Bangalore (via “dotted line”). This involves acting as champion for this team with respect to central India functions including HR, Recruitment and Facilities.
You will be required to
- develop a good understanding of CPG products and be able to use this understanding to improve the quality of QA (testing, fault reporting, releasing).
- work closely with the CPG QA managers assigned responsibility for CloudPlatform and XenServer QA to ensure the success of these product lines
- manage an existing team of engineers and their managers
- plan future growth of the team in line with Citrix budgets and implement that plan
- develop and implement strategies in support of the above
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Team resilience against people leaving or being transferred and sickness (e.g. using recruitment, skills development and succession planning )
- Headcount and budget planning (including the roles we need to recruit and the capex we need in order to meet business goals)
- Resource Planning in line with CPG QA departmental practices
- Working Practise Ownership for one or more CPG QA Engineering practises
- Active support and enforcement of CPG QA’s software engineering processes and standards
- Maintenance of close liaison with other departments and teams on technical matters
- Close working with vendors or customers on technical information, handling escalation issues, or modifications related to projects.
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in managing software development and/or test
- Experience in Enterprise IT and virtualisation technology
- Experience in relevant programming / scripting languages (C, Jscript, Python, etc) and automation tools