Tesco is a British multinational grocery and general merchandise retailer headquartered in Cheshunt, United Kingdom.
It is the third-largest retailer in the world measured by revenues (after Wal-Mart and Carrefour) and the second-largest measured by profits (after Wal-Mart).
It has stores in 14 countries across Asia, Europe and North America and is the grocery market leader in the UK (where it has a market share of around 30%), Malaysia, the Republic of Ireland and Thailand.
The company was founded in 1919 by Sir Jack Cohen as a group of market stalls. Tesco has increasingly diversified geographically and into areas such as the retailing of books, clothing, electronics, furniture, petrol and software; financial services; telecoms and internet services; DVD rental; and music downloads.
Tesco is the first major international retailer to have a fully-owned support centre in India. We are dedicated to make the Tesco experience better for over 60 million customers worldwide, simpler for over 4,72,000 employees and achieve cost -efficiencies.
1. Aggregate of 70%(7.75 CGPA) in Engineering (BE / B.Tech)
2. Candidates need to clear all exams before joining & should come with Degree Certificates.
3. They will consider students from BE(CSE,ISE,ECE,IT,EE)
4. Salary Offered: Rs 3,65,000/- p.a. (2013)
Updated Salary in 2015: 7.25 + 1 lakh of joining bonus
Number of rounds in Selection Process:
1. Written Tests:
a. Aptitude Test(Quantitative apti ,logical reasoning and General English)
2. One round Technical and one round HR Interview (More Campus Interview Process)
Details of Rounds:
The question paper provided to you will have three parts namely Quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, and English
a)Aptitude Section mainly consists questions on Percentages, Problems on Ages, Ratio and Proportions, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Trains, Boats, Pipes(25 questions)
b) Logical reasoning questions were relatively difficult and time consuming(40 questions)
c) General English (25 questions)
Time given was 90 minutes
Technical Round Interview:
1) They fully concentrate on your basic skills and logic in programming, basic knowledge in C,C++,OS, DBMS, Networking.
2) What is OS? What are purposes of OS?
3) What is DBMS? What are purposes of DBMS?
4) Unit testing Integrated testing
5) What are the differences between C & C++?
6) Which is better C or C++?
7) What are the applications of C++?
8) Why C++ is object oriented?
9) Define Polymorphism, Encapsulation, Object, Class, and Structure?
10) Write a C programme to swap 2 numbers without using temp?
11) Write a same programme in C++?
12) Some questions on arrays & pointers
*Tell me something about you
*What are your strengths?
*How was your day? Hectic?
*Tell me something about you in just two words ?
*Why should i hire you?
*Do you know anything about TESCO-HSC?
*What are your hobbies..? They will ask many question on that (for ex :if you said watching cricket, they will surely ask recent match you seen and the result). So be careful and tell actual hobbies
*Finally they will ask Do you have any question?(ask question on project going on in company or any question related to company )
*K & R Programming Language
*C++ complete reference
*DBMS, Navathe, refer any good book of Operating System
*R S Aggarwal Quantitative aptitude, Logical reasoning, Verbal and Non-Verbal
Suggestions to juniors:
*They concentrate more on Basics in DBMS, OS and Networking
*Don’t make any syntactical or logical errors in programs
*Be cool during interview process
*Be positive while answering
Connect with us
Like us on Facebook
JDA Demand Interview Questions ...
Cisco Campus Placement Process and Interview Experience ...
Marriage Leave Policy and Sample Wedding Invitation ...
Last working day mail sample ...
How To Use Social Media To Increase Effectiveness of Employee Referral Programs? ...
CA Technologies Holiday 2015 ...
How To File IT Return Online - 2015? ...
20 JDA Technical Interview Questions ...
Esko Graphics Interview Experience 2015 ...
College Project- Airline Reservation System ...