Moonraft Campus Placement and Interview Process
Student Got Placed:
- Puzzles and Algorithms
- Technical Interview
Round 1) Puzzles and Algorithms
Round Consist of 14 questions in 40 min
Questions Asked were Given Below:
- Write stepwise algorithm to replace all runs of consecutive spaces with single space. Thus “a.b” is unchanged “a.b” becomes “a.b”, where dot represents space.
- There is an escalator and 2 persons move down it. A takes 50 steps and B takes 75 steps while escalator down. Given that time taken by A to take 1 step is equal to time taken by B to take 3 steps. Find number of steps in escalator while it is stationary.
- Leona is holding party and is trying to select people to invite from her friend circle. She has N friends and she knows which pairs of friends already know each other. Leona wants to invite as possible but she wants each invitee to know at least six other invitees and not know six others. Devise and efficient algorithm that takes as input Leona’s N friends and a set if pairs of friends who know each other and returns an invitation list that meets the above criteria.
- You have the misfortune to own an unreliable clock. Clock loses exactly 10 minutes every hour. It is now showing 5:00am. Knowing that it was correct at midnight. The clock stopped 8 hours ago, what is the correct time now?
- In the following figure:
B G E
Each of the seven letters are represented by different numbers from 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9.
Also A*B*C = B*G*E = D*E*F. what is the value of G.
- Given a string write an algorithm to find the longest substring whose characters are continuous.
Eg. Input : “owabcdjkl” output: “abcd”
- There are 25 horses among which you need to find out fastest 3 horses. You can conduct race among at most 5 horses to find out their relative speed. At no point you can find out the actual speed of the horse in a race. Find the number of races required to get three fastest horses.
- N O S I E R + A S T R A L = 7 2 5 6 1 3 . The sum represents a word. Each letter represents a different digit and no letter represents 0. What is the word represented by 725613.
- Direction test:
a) One morning Uday and Vishal were talking to each other face to face at a crossing.
b) If south-east becomes north, north east becomes west and so on. What will west
c.) Rahul put his timepiece on the table in such a way that at 6 P.M. hour hand points to
d.) Write an algorithm for making the string variable containing “I AM A GOOD MAN" to print as
"MAN GOOD A AM I".
- Given an input string and a dictionary of words, write stepwise algorithm to segment the input string into a space-separated sequence of dictionary words if possible. For example , if the input Vishal’s shadow was exactly falling on the left hand of Uday, which direction was Uday facing ?become. North. In which direction minute hand will point at 9.15 P.M. string is "applepie" and dictionary contains a standard set of English words, then it would return the string "apple pie" as output. Constraints: The dictionary provides a single operation, exact string lookup, and is a given to the task; you are not to consider how to implement the dictionary, nor or you to worry about stemming, spelling correction, or other aspects of the The output may have more than two words, if there is more than one solution you only need to return one of them, and your function should indicate if there are no solutions.
- 3 men walk into a hotel. The room they want is 30 dollars. They each pay ten. Once they get up to their room the manager realizes that the room was only supposed to be 25 dollars. He sends the bellboy up with 5 one dollar notes. On the way to their room, the belly boy thinks "I can't split five dollar between three guys". So, he pockets 2 of the dollars and gives each of the men a dollar. Now, the men have only paid 9 dollars each. 9 X 3=27 and the bellboy pocketed 2 dollars which makes 29. Where is the other one dollar?
- Mr. Brown has 5 pair black shoes and 3 pair brown shoes in his closet. He blindly picks up some shoes from the closet. What is the minimum number of shoes Mr. Brown will have to pick to be certain to find a pair of shoes?
- Baker, Cooper, Fletcher, Miller and Smith live on different floors of an apartment house that contains only five floors. Baker does not live on the top floor. Cooper does not live on the bottom floor. Fletcher does not live on either the top or the bottom floor. Miller lives on a higher floor than does Cooper. Smith does not live on a floor adjacent to Fletcher's. Fletcher does not live on a floor adjacent to Cooper's. Where does everyone live?
Round 2) Technical Interview :
In Technical Interview Also Generally Puzzles and Coding Questions were there . They were mainly focus on the logic questions .
- Just think about writing the code try to explain the logic .
- Prefer book Data Structures And Algorithms Made Easy Narasimha Karumanchi.
Moonraft Innovation Labs is a design and innovation firm that creates delightful customer experiences to differentiate our clients in the market. Our unique integrated approach brings together Design, Art and Technology and ensures that the integrity of the original design is retained in execution.
Address: L 152, 14th Cross, 5th Main 6th Sector, HSR Layout Bangalore, Karnataka 560102 India
About the Author: