H1 visa process
As the number of visa applicants are huge in Services Company, so please you should start talking to your manager in December itself if you want to travel. Don’t wait till March/April to let your manager know that you are keen to travel. Normally these are the 5 steps at a high level to apply for H1
1. Ask the managers to nominate by the end of December
2. The company needs to do lot of paper work, so they need time till March if it’s a large organization like Infosys
3. The peition is filed with USICS(United States Citizenship and Immigration services)in April.
4. If it is selected in the lottery then you will be notified by October.
5. Once your petition is approved then your manager, You can travel to the US. You will need to take an appointment in US consulate. After the interview your passport will be stamped. Then you can travel to the US
• Your immigration team (RMS – Relocation Management Group in Accenture or Global Mobility in Cognizant) will keep you informed by email. Any rejection/denial/RFE/ CAP closure will be informed periodically.
• All the petitions will be filed based on CAP availability and USCIS discretion
• Once the company files nomination it will inform you that “Your case has been processed and has been sent for filing with USCIS on 1st April 2015.
• You will be kept informed of the status of your petition after the company receives an update from USCIS. USCIS should begin issuing receipt notices within 60 – 90 days from completion of the lottery selection process.
• For more details regarding H-1B process flow and documentation process, contact your immigration support team (oops! I mean expat support team 😉
• Once the H1 nomination is completed, it is sent to the USCIS for filing on the 1st of April 2015
• In 2015, the joblagao team is expecting an early closure of the CAP.
Related Job: Pre-Sales MDM job in Teradata, USA
USCIS Lottery System
USCIS anticipates that it may receive more petitions than it can accept for adjudication. USCIS will monitor the number of petitions received and notify the public of the date on which the numerical limit of the H-1B cap has been met. If USCIS receives more petitions than it can accept, USCIS will use a lottery system to randomly select the number of petitions required to reach the numerical limit. USCIS will reject petitions that are subject to the cap and are not selected.
To summarize, if you have not yet applied for H1 in your company, this is the last week to do so as petition will be filed on the 1st of April 2015