Accenture which brands itself as “ High Performance Delivered”, is now portraying as “Change in Policy. Delivered”, like a chameleon. Well, there is nothing wrong in changing policies but it hurts when it changes policy after giving the offer letter or after joining.
In India it had a better name than the desi companies like Infosys, TCS etc. But now days it is becoming more or less like a desi company rather than an MNC. Analysts say that it is unable to handle the aggressive growth in numbers. Earlier It was an employee friendly and policy friendly but now they are trying desperate measures to manage their profit number. In the Europe, it is certainly the number one consulting company. In the US, it faces tough competition with companies like Deloitte and Mc Kinsey.It is no more “THE” most sought after company in college campuses in the US.
Take a look at their recent change in policies
1) Last year they changed the variable component by 2-3 % across different levels. The people who joined Accenture In the first half of 2013 were surprised by the fact, that their salary reduced around September 2013. On contacting the HR, she said “Anyways you will be getting only 50% of your variable during the first year, so why are you worrying.” Crap!
2) Their appraisal process has changed from September to December in 2014. So if you were not promoted in September 2013, there are chances that you will be stuck up at the same level till the end of 2014. Some lucky ones were promoted in the midterm appraisal in January 2014. On a lighter note, the Rock band of Accenture is practicing the song “SSE till I die!!”
3) There are rumors that notice period will change from 3 months to 4 months. So, if you are planning to quit, first resign and then quit. In a survey with an Accenture employee, he jokingly said “Even the bride may not wait for 4 months after the engagement. How can you expect the prospective company to wait?”
Note: The notice period has not changed but may be changed to 4 months.
4) The HR made Face to Face interview or video conference compulsory in 2013. So if you are at a location where Accenture is not having an office, then you will have to travel to a nearby metro. We have received reports that the HR are not prompt and professional to schedule on time. And the funny thing is that you will be called for a video conference in Accenture’s office and then the HR will conference you telephonically with the hiring manager. “What an IDEA, Sir Jee”, muses a job seeker
5) Beware of the CATCH in Variable Pay. They will mention about earning potential . The following text will be mentioned in your offer letter “Your variable pay earning potential based on individual performance at your career level as part of the FY14 Local Variable Pay (LVP) program can range from 0% to 18% of your FY14 annual fixed compensation. Your LVP is linked to your most recent performance rating and Company’s performance. In addition to these two components your LVP is also linked to your Individual Utilization. The LVP will be paid out subject to you being on the rolls of the company on the date of disbursement of these payouts and will be prorated based on your tenure in the company during the year. The Company may, at any time and in its sole and absolute discretion, amend, suspend, vary and modify any of the terms and conditions of the Local Variable Pay guidelines. Your annual total earning potential, including annual fixed compensation and the LVP earning potential for FY14 can range from Rs. 9,54,000 to Rs. 11,25,720.
See the sample calculation if Variable Pay. In the above example :
Note: Variable can be further reduced due to the following reasons
Take a peek at Salary in Accenture
Note: Even after giving the offer, Accenture can change the policy by sending an addendum. Well, if you have resigned from your company and serving notice period, then you will have no other option other than to accept this addendum. You may receive a sample addendum if the policy changes
Addendum – Terms of Employment
We would like to inform you that the Terms of Employment that was annexed with the offer letter
has been modified and would be effective May 1, 2014. This is an addendum to the Terms
Following clauses will override the clauses in the Terms of Employment that was annexed with the offer letter:
1. Clause 1.4 - Notwithstanding anything contained herein, during your probation period,
Company may terminate your employment upon One Hundred and Twenty (120) calendar days notice to you or by paying your monthly gross salary in lieu of giving such notice, with or without cause,
and with or without stating any reasons whatsoever.
2. Clause 1.5 - If you desire to terminate your employment during the probation period, you
shall provide Company One Hundred and Twenty (120) calendar days prior written notice with reasons for such termination.
3. Clause 9.1 - Your employment shall terminate immediately:
(b) Upon Company giving you One Hundred and Twenty (120) calendar days notice of termination for any
reason, with or without cause; Company may, in its sole discretion, terminate your employment immediately by paying your monthly gross salary in lieu of giving you such notice; and/or
4. Clause 9.3 - You may at any time terminate your employment by giving the Company
One Hundred and Twenty (120) calendar days prior written notice
For regular Employee referral job updates in Indian IT companies, connect with us on
Please like our FACEBOOK PAGE http://www.facebook.com/joblagaao
Connect with us
Like us on Facebook
hi sir this is thirumala Rao , I got offer In HP global soft pvt.ltd through consaltency with pkg per anm 3.8 L . can i join . which facilities will provide to me by hp because i am third party employee .
i dont agree that, accenture will pay 100% LVP. My LVP is 125000 INR but i got only 64000 K .. they denied to extend my notice period to 8 days because of varible pay-out date even i am ready to extend my notice period.
Saraswati, The variable will be in the range of 8-9% of Total CTC. It will be approx 50% of the variable pay. i.e. 46000. In the first year you will be given the default rating of CCPG.
This is Saraswati. I got an offer from accenture(lateral entry). Variable is given as 0% to 15.65% max which is equivalent to Rs.0 to Rs.92,000. Can you pls let me know how much I can expect variable out of total Rs.92,000.
Kranthi, Accenture is a better option as they have a better pipeline of dot net projects through their group avanade.
hii...i have offers from deloitte and accenture in .net technology for almost same package..which one is a better choice?? pls suggest
Uday , In our view ACCENTURE would be a better offer. We received both of your offer letters on firstname.lastname@example.org but your contact number wasn't mentioned there, so we could not call you for counselling.Kindly mail us your contact. A manager from an IT company will call you.
Rahul Vaid, Accenture would be better as you would get approx 10% of your variable amount. The policy and work culture is also good. So go for Accenture!
Hey there!! Thanks for the reply. Actually I am a fresher and currently I am pursuing Final year. We had on campus placements here in our college, where I got placed in it. Can you please tell me, when usualy they send Call Letters to the candidates and promotions in accenture and also about the pay we get during onsite(Both Europe and US).
Suresh, If you can give us more details on your salary breakup/designation on email@example.com, we would be able to provide more insights.
@Rajeev Ranjan, The offer is good as you got 30% hike on the fixed component. As your DOJ is the first week of May, so you will be eligible for the appraisal in December as the process will start in August/September. But there may be a clause that you should have completed 3 months in Accenture to be eligible for the appraisal cycle. So you can candidly ask the HR. It will depend on your DOJ. Also note that there is a general norm that you may not get better hike as you would have completed 3-4 months before the appraisal process would begin. Anyways, as the the current hike is good, then I would suggest you to go ahead with Accenture. All the Best!
Hi! I am a fresher and have offer from both Accenture and Cognizant. Both are offering me joining in almost same week of April. The package offered by Accenture and Cognizant are same. Please help me decide. Many are saying Acenture is better one since it's a giant in IT services, many are saying Cognizant would be better to join as they do lots of development work and so on. Please help. I need genuine advice from you. Thanks a lot...Rading this page, I would like to add that in the Offer Letter for Accenture ASE profile, LVA is 8.5% at max.
Ashok Prakash, Accenture would generally give offer letter few weeks befor your course completion.The onsite pay is better than any other services company. If you are going for a long term, your pay would depend upon your current CTC. For US, it would be in the range of USD 65,00. If you travel for short duration, then you get per diem. For US it would $60 per day. For Europe it would be approx 65 Euros. In Accenture, per diem depends upon the city you are traveling to and the option which you select in your expense report. For example, if the lunch is served by the client then per diem will be less.
Hi I am Ashok. I got selected didn't received the offer letter yet. Waiting for it and hope will receive it in few days. About payscale is it really true that we will get 10L - 11L per year. Because it is not possible at all isn't it. Because I know the pay will be 3+ or 3.25 LPA. That is only possible for a company like accenture who is hiring lot of people at once can afford. Still can you please clarify me about the hikes and onsite oppurtunities in accenutre.
IBM Holiday List 2016 ...
Infosys Campus Placement & Interview Experience ...
2014 Festival Holidays in CTS, Mumbai and Pune ...
Database Administrator - Job Description - Salary - Qualification ...
MICROSOFT INDIA PUBLIC HOLIDAY CALENDAR - 2014 ...
SAP Labs Campus Interview Questions ...
Online Aptitude Test - Is it worth the efforts and time ...
TCS Holiday List South India 2014 ...
What Are Business Roles in IT Industry? ...
Infosys, India Holiday List 2016 ...